You know guys how exciting the Fashion Weeks are but not only because of learning new trends and collections. The other very significant reason is meeting amazing people. So during our Milan stay we had a chance to speak with Odile Benjamin, the Co-Founder of RAOUL and Division CEO of the House of FJ Benjamin! Odile is instrumental in the creative process behind RAOUL.
Originally RAOUL was launched in Singapore in 2002 as a men’s label, branching out to women’s wear presenting incredible pieces with high standards of design and quality yet affordable. In 2010 RAOUL made its international debut at Paris and New York Fashion Weeks. Today RAOUL is the most prominent Singapore brand with its showrooms in Milan and New York!
Crème de la crème of the fashion media introduced RAOUL to its vast international readership, among them: British Vogue, Vogue US, Harpers’ Bazaar and the New York Times.
Luxurious fabrics, amazing details and timeless elegance – welcome to the world of RAOUL…
And enjoy the interview and the shots folks…
Dear Odile, just in three words, how would you describe yourself?
– Effortless, modern and sophisticated…
What has always been the inspiration for your designs and how do you keep au with the trends?
– Well, in general I am inspired by the moment and everything that is connected with it. Moods, feelings, colors and shapes captured in each moment are great sources of inspiration. I also did a lot of vintage research and I am very fond of Art.
What keeps you motivated as a designer?
– First of all it is a sense of responsibility that keeps me move, all the previous achievements and of course our new goals.
Who is Odile Benjamin woman?
– Well, I am a multi-tasking woman. First of all, of course I am mother and wife, as my family has the absolute priority for me. And of course I am a business woman too.
Where do you see the future of your brand RAOUL?
– The brand is expanding internationally. We aim to increase our presence around the world and in the international fashion Scene.
/Pictures by Tobias Wirth/
OUTFIT DETAILS: here